Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Starting a-new...

So, it's been awhile. Ok, really a loooong while.

This time I will make another earnest attempt to jot down my thoughts.

Why now? Three years have passed, after all. Life got etc, etc.

Then, on May 18th of this year, we welcomed my son into the world.

When Samantha came barreling into the hospital room a day later, I was overwhelmed by how older she suddenly seemed. All the talking! The logic! Where did this gigantic child come from, and where did my baby go?

I am re-living all of those firsts with her brother, and in doing so, I realize I struggle to remember the little parallel stages of his sister. What did her early cries sound like compared to Deacon? When did she get her first tooth? Her third word? It was only three years ago, and yet it feels like ages ago.

I did collect small parcels of information from emails, postings on mom boards, and a few annual photo albums for the family, but I am sad at how much feels lost in between. No more, I say! Time to document life as a family of four, with...half as much time as I did three years ago. Go, motiviation!

If I succeed in keeping up with this, no doubt Sam will eventually realize I missed a chunk of life (and which will surely become fodder for therapy), but at least the photographic proof of her infanthood is three-times what it is for her brother.

So, here goes. Blog, take 2.

No comments: